Have you ever wondered how an investment snowball? Use this calculator to find out! Start with an investment amount, add in a monthly contribution plan, nominate an interest rate and timeframe, and let it roll!
By Larry R. Frank Sr, MBA, CFP®
Registered Investment Adviser (CA)
Better Financial Education
- Cares more about you and your money than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
- Guides you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
- Formalizes your goals and puts them in writing.
- Helps you prioritize your financial opportunities.
- Helps you determine realistic goals.
- Studies possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
- Prepares a financial plan and/or an investment policy statement for you.
- Suggests creative alternatives that you may not have considered including the best way to claim Social Security.
- Reviews and recommends life insurance policies to protect your family.
- Assists you in setting up a company retirement plan.
- Assists in preparing an estate plan for you.
- Reviews your children’s custodial accounts and 529 plans.
- Helps you determine your IRA Required Minimum Distribution.
- Provides reminders about key financial planning data.
- Checks with you before the end of the year to identify any last minute financial planning needs.
- Guides you on ways to fund health care in retirement.
- Prepares an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
- Stays up to date on changes in the investment world.
- Monitors your investments.
- Reviews your investments in your company 401(k) or 403(b) plans.
- Reviews your existing IRAs.
- Helps convert your investments to lifetime income.
- Refers you to banking establishments for loan and trust alternatives.
- Suggests alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
- Records and researches your cost basis on securities.
- Provides you with unbiased investment research.
- Provides you with personal investment analysis.
- Determines the risk level of your existing portfolio.
- Helps you consolidate and simplify your investments.
- Can provide you with technical, fundamental, and quantitative investment analysis.
- Provides introductions to money managers.
- Shows you how to access your statements and other information online.
- Suggests alternatives to lower your taxes during retirement.
- Reviews your tax returns with an eye to possible savings in the future.
- Stays up to date on tax law changes.
- Helps you reduce your taxes.
- Repositions investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
- Works with your tax and legal advisors to help you meet your financial goals.
- Monitors changes in your life and family situation.
- Proactively keeps in touch with you.
- Serves as a human glossary of financial terms such as beta, P/E ratio, and Sharpe ratio.
- Provides referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
- Shares the experience of dozens or hundreds of his clients who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
- Helps with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
- Facilitates the transfer of investments from individual names to trust, or from an owner through to beneficiaries.
- Keeps you on track.
- Identifies your savings shortfalls.
- Develops and monitors a strategy for debt reduction.
- Is a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
- Is honest with you.